Makes 6 cookies
1 cup coconut oil OR 1 cup/stick Irish Butter (You can do 1/2 cup of each to have the best of both worlds)
1/2 cup Yacon Powder (Use Code: Sweet20 for 20% Off) OR 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1+1/2 cup all-purpose flour – Substitutes: (white whole wheat flour OR gluten free flour)
1/2 cup dried golden berries
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1 teaspoon rose water extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter with sugar and rose water extract until smooth cream forms.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix and make sure no clumps form. If the dough is sticking to the bowl, add more flour in 1/3 cup increments.
- Add in the dried golden berries and walnuts, then mix well using a spatula.
- Wrap the dough and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter or your hands, make small round shaped cookies and place them in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve after the cookies cool down.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!
Order your golden berries and yacon powder/syrup from here.
Use code: Sweet20 for 20% off