Summer is almost ending and football season is upon us! Personally I am excited for all the fun memes this year, and to see who Donald Trump is going to root for. Ha! Now if you managed to get some abs this summer, you will need some help to keep it up this football season! If you didn’t do so then Halloween is another motivational opportunity! So don’t give up.
If you love football and tailgating, you will probably be around a lot of “carnival” like food. And that equals no abs and a few clogged arteries by the end of the season. Therefore, I put together some Do’s and Dont’s for your football and tailgating shenanigans!
- Choose your meats wisely. Try Turkey burgers, extra lean beef or grilled chicken.
- Grill different types of veggies. Zucchini, bell peppers, lemons, onions, corn, tomatoes, eggplants, and carrots are just some colorful and delicious examples. While you’re at it, throw in some mushroom on the grill for your protein intake.
- Use lentil chips. If you’re planning on snacking on different dips, take a bag of low carb, low glycemic index chips with you.
- Drink water. Take a big bottle (at least 32-48 oz) of water with you on your way to the tailgate. Make sure you drink it all before you step out of your vehicle. Hydration could be your best friend and your worst enemy!
- Take a Half-Time break from food and play ball with your friends. Go for a walk with a friend or family member to help digest your food.
6. Don’t over snack! Try sticking to a plan of either eating a meal and stepping away from food OR snacking smaller amounts throughout the event.
7. Don’t over indulge in alcohol and sugary drinks. This is harder than it sounds for some of us, but believe me nobody wants to feel like they have been hit by a train the next day.
8. Don’t fall for peer pressure. If you don’t want to shotgun a beer, then don’t! If you don’t want to play flip-cup with tequila then don’t. (Who does that? Oh oops!)
9. Don’t be afraid to bring new healthy recipes to the tailgate! Nobody will say no to a yummy turkey chili, believe me! Here is a delicious and yummy recipe: Click here.
10. Don’t forget to have fun! Stop stressing! Football and Sundays are there for relaxation and fun. Find a balance and you will feel fulfilled and refreshed, ready to attack the week ahead like JJ Watt! 😉
Comment below if you have other ideas that might be helpful! Thanks!
Sweet Escape Project